Here is an entire outfit made from New Look 6470.
Here is a better picture of the skirt, from the same pattern.
(Coincidentally, the purple top shown above was made using the same pattern envelope a year ago.)
I made this skirt because I really don’t have enough, and I needed a quick project.
I really like the flounce; I really don’t like the elastic at the waist. A zipper would have been much neater and given a smoother waist line; but I didn’t have time to alter the pattern, and I needed my sewing fix, quick.
I do like the skirt, nonetheless. I’ve worn this exact outfit to work (with the addition of a little make-up. The picture was taken on a laid-back, no-make-up Sunday).
Here are pictures of the whole outfit that also show the sofa cover I made back in August. The landlady left a stunning leather sofa in the flat, and I made a cover for it within a week of my moving in – I was so scared of P’tite Mignonne using the tantalizing surface to sharpen her claws.
The fabric is from Ikea. I was missing about a metre, so the cover is not as well finished as I would like. Still, I’m pretty happy with it – and light grey/cream cat hair doesn’t show on it! (the flat is decorated in black and white with red accents, but a black cover just wasn’t an option with the furlady gracing this place.)