1. LIFE UPDATE
2. SEWING PROJECTS (7:10)
2.a Recent Finishes
– Blouses for both Choupie and me in Liberty Mitsi, out of the Susanne pattern by Citronille: women’s pattern and kids’ pattern (pictured above)
– Flannel blanket for my niece who was born on June 7th!
– Hot off the sewing machine: “robe de retour de noces” for my future sister-in-law, for the day after her and my brother’s wedding. Pattern: New Look 6557. Out of a cotton fabric with a light taupe background and cream dots.
2.b Upcoming projects
– Dress for me to attend my brother’s wedding. I’m thinking Simplicity 2580, with the cowl neckline, in a vibrant purple. Fabric is from Minerva Crafts (the fabric I got it this one) after reading about them on Melissa’s blog.
– Dress for Choupie for the wedding; also in purple
– La Droguerie started a line of sewing patterns and fabrics, and I kitted up a few projects for Choupie, Seb and me when I visited the shop in Paris a few weeks ago. (Sadly, they do not sell online.)
3. KNITTING PROJECTS (20:32)
I’ve been knitting almost exclusively for babies for the past year or so! My finishes can be found on my ravelry project page (browse by “recently completed”).
– Kimono à côtes plates (above) out of Lang merino 120 for my niece. Can be found in the English book by La Droguerie, La Droguerie’s Babies.
– Brassière à empiècement arrondi (below) out of Passard Bout d’Chou (which I confused for some Drops yarn on the podcast).
3.b In progress
– Baby blanket for my niece, out of De Rerum Natura Gilliatt.
– I proclaim my participation to the Summer of Lace and Beads after listening about it on The Knitmore Girls podcast. I am currently knitting Georgiana by Susanna IC, from the Jane Austen Knits 2011 issue (by Interweave). Out of Isager Strik Alpaca in a dusty mauve.
3.c Upcoming Projects
I want to make more lace shawls! Feel free to suggest some designs.
4. CROCHET (31:05)
4.a Just Finished
A year after being inspired by Katia’s crocheted shawl, I finally whipped up my own Half Granny Square shawl in Lang Mille Colori Socks and Lace (colourway #53). No pictures yet.
3.b In progress and upcoming
Home decor items in cotton for our new home!
5. CONTEST (35:14)
1. Jasmin Knitmore
Gabrielle, your details weren’t included in your comment – please contact me with your details so I can send out your package. Thank you!
Contest will run until July 31st (Paris time).
Credits: Music: Piano Sonata in E-flat Major, mvt. 3 by Joseph Haydn, played by Mario Ajero.