The show is now welcoming sponsors for giveaways, reviews, etc.
I talk about my participation to Me Made May. You can find all my pictures here and my blog posts here. The Flickr group is here.
I mention the New Look 6557 pattern, the Menorca top from Rowan Summer Crochet, and the Monique Dress by Sew Serendipity, and the Anna Dress by By Hand London.
2. A Bit of Sewing (17:07)
– Day Tripper Top, from the Just Add Jeans collection, pictured above.
– Plantain tee shirt, a free pattern by Deer and Doe.
– Crocheted and sewn dress for my 1-year-old niece, pictured below. Pattern coming soon on Ravelry
2.d Summer Sewalong!
Let’s sew a dress, or top, or hat, or anything summer related! I’ll open a thread on the Ravelry forum where you can share your projects for the sewalong. If you’re not on Ravelry, I’ll put up a post here where you can post your ideas and projects. You can also tag your projects on Twitter and Instagram with hashtag #fluffyfibersSSAL
There will be a giveaway for the sewalong.
If you would like to sponsor the giveaway for the sewalong, please do email me (email address in sidebar) or contact me by Ravelry.
3. A Bit of Knitting (28:21)
3. a Finishes
– Honey Cardigan, by Veera Välimäki, in Plassard Tweedée, pictured above. Out of Plassard Tweedée.
– Owlets pullover for my daughter, out of Cascade Eco + in Lake Chelan Heather, to match my Idlewood for the Matchy matchy KAL.
– Ishbel, by Ysolda Teague. Out of Rozetti Yarns Soft Payette in light grey (purchased at La Lainière de Wazemmes in Lille).
3.b In Progress
– Featherweight Cardigan out of Lang Golf yarn in peacock blue.
– Socks for Seb, out of Lang Yarns Jawoll Cotton Color (19% – not 90%! – wool, 35% cotton and 16% nylon). My first socks! Using the Universal Toe-up Formula published by Amy Swenson in Knitty.
I blame and thank the Knitmore Girls and Voolenvine of Yarngasm for putting me on the socks knitting bandwagon, especially her Queen of Gray episode.
3.c Future Projects
– Fireflies Rising Shawlette by Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade
– Socks for me! I just bought some self-striping yarn, ONline Garne Supersock 4-fach Art-Color in the colourway ‘1530’ (no name?).
4. A Bit of Spinning (41:22)
I mention two spinning books by Judith MacKenzie McCuin: Teach Yourself Visually Handspinning and The Intentional Spinner, as well as her DVD, The Gentle Art of Plying. You can find an extract of the DVD on the Interweave Youtube channel.
5. Happy Thought Indeed (43:39)
New segment inspired by Boston Jen of the Down Cellar Studio podcast.
– New additions to our family have made us very happy.
– We are going to England for the holidays. I would very much welcome recommendations of yarn shops that offer hand-dyed fiber (the only yarn shops I’ve been to in London are the knitting section of John Lewis and Loop) and of fun stuff to do or visit in London with a 2-year-old.
Credits: Music: Piano Sonata in E-flat Major, mvt. 3 by Joseph Haydn, played by Mario Ajero.