Download the episode (46:08) here.
The show is now welcoming sponsors for giveaways, reviews, etc.
1. A BIT OF SEWING (02:00)
– Four little capes for 2-year-olds. See above.
– A zippered pouch to host sock knitting projects, out of Toile de Jouy.
– A matching case for my tablet using this Youtube tutorial.
2. SUMMER SEWALONG (12:30)
Let’s sew a dress, or top, or hat, or anything summer related! Let’s interpret this loosely. 🙂
There is a chatter thread on Ravelry and the Flickr group to enter your pictures – one picture per item.
Each picture will count as an entry towards a giveaway.
One post from the chatter thread will also be randomly selected for a prize.
– Onion patterns kindly provided by Maria Denmark: Onion 2017 tunic, 1032 jacket and 2009 dress, all for one winner
– Two winners will each win one pattern from Aesthetic Nest on Etsy
– One post will be randomly selected from the chat thread on Ravelry to win a set of handmade kitchen towels by our very own Speattle on Ravelry!
You can tag your related projects on Twitter and Instagram with hashtag #fluffyfibersSSAL
3. A BIT OF KNITTING (15:20)
3.c Future projects
Fireflies Rising Shawlette by Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade.
4. A BIT LOT OF SPINNING (24:04)
– I finished spinning and plying my undyed BlueFaced Leicester for SPAKAL (spin along-knit along) hosted by the Knitmore Girls. My goal for Tour de Fleece was to spin all the singles; I was also able to ply all the singles and finish making all my yarn before the end of the Tour.
I have 940 metres/1046 yards of 3-ply yarn.
My ravelry page for this (with lots of pictures and more details) is here.
– I purchased some gorgeous fibre from Juno Fibre Arts to console myself for not attending Unwind Brighton:
I just finished spinning the superwash merino and am preparing to ply it into a 2-ply.
I share my favourite recipe for making healthy homemade Nutella.
I mention the Omniblend blender (less expensive alternative to the Vitamix).
I also mention Rapadura as an alternative to refined sugar.