1. A BIT OF SEWING (02:50)
Jorna Tank Dress in the tunic length, designed by Jenna Brand, out of Perfect Pattern Parcel #3 (also available separately on Craftsy).
1.b Upcoming projects:
– Pavot jacket by Deer and Doe. Out of a purple cotton gabardine bought from Ma petite mercerie. I mention my purple coat with a silver lining – although I should also have mentionned my red maternity coat from 2011.
– blouse for my daughter
– lightweight quilt for my daughter
2. SUMMER SEWALONG (9:26)
– Onion patterns kindly provided by Maria Denmark: Onion 2017 tunic, 1032 jacket and 2009 dress, all for one winner. Winner is HelenSewStylish for this linen skirt
– Two winners each won one pattern of their choice from Aesthetic Nest on Etsy. Winners are Tini for these beach bags and Speattle for this swimsuit.
– One post randomly selected from the chat thread on Ravelry to win a set of handmade kitchen towels by our very own Speattle on Ravelry. Winner is JennyAnne.
3. A BIT OF KNITTING (17:20)
– Socks for me out of Biscotte & Compagnie Felix Autorayante yarn in the Cupcake colourway. I’m using Susan B. Anderson’s recipe.
– Fireflies Rising Shawlette by Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade, out of Kettle Yarn Company Islington in the Chambray shade (shawl at top of post and blocking just above – yarn below).
3.b In progress
Tube socks for my daughter, out of Biscotte et Cie Cupcake yarn.
4. A BIT OF SPINNING (32:02)
– I finished spinning and plying some Juno Fibre Arts superwash merino-nylon, pictured above.I called it Wildflowers – Fleurs des champs
– I just finished spinning the singles out of 200 grams of a tonal pink merino from Alysse Création, pictured below.
5. QUESTIONS ANSWERED (39:00)
I answer a request for tips on shopping for fabric.
I mention my post on Shopping for fabrics, yarn or embroidery notions in Paris.
I also mention Le Grand livre de la couture, edited by France Loisirs.
Websites mentioned: fabric.com , Pattern Review.
Credits: Music: Piano Sonata in E-flat Major, mvt. 3 by Joseph Haydn, played by Mario Ajero.