Download the episode (1:12:06) here.
1. A BIT OF SEWING (03:21)
(with my Damson Shawlette out of Malabrigo Sock in Abril)
– Matching gifties for my daughter and the Playful Tot (to be shared next time).
– I also mention the Cosmopolitan Dress by Hot Patterns. I made mine back in 2010 (not 2009, as I say on the podcast).
– Dahlia dress, by Colette Patterns
Lavanda WIP – not the most up-to-date as it is now at knee length but I liked the light in this picture.
Curious Collective Shawl by Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade, out of Lang Yarns Merino 150.
I realized while writing up the shownotes that I had actually already finished this at the time of the previous podcast! I decided to keep the segment in nonetheless in order to mention the Knitvent collection.
2.b In Progress
– Cardigan out of my handspun for SPAKAL: Metro by Connie Chang Chinchio.
– Lavanda jacket by Elena Nodel, for my daughter. I am making the long, hooded version. Forgot to mention the yarn – it is Basic Sport by Katia.
4. A QUESTION ANSWERED (41:47)
My humble two cents on a few things to consider when purchasing a sewing machine.
I mention the établissement Lefebvre, avenue de la République in Paris, where I bought my Brother sewing machine, serger and coverstitch. I just realised online that the Lefebvre family has since retired and the store was taken over by a new team, so I cannot vouch for their service. Besides the Brother brand they now stock Elna and Babylock, which are both excellent brands http://www.coudre-paris.fr/magasin/magasin_de_paris
I also mention http://stecker.be/
Credits: Music: Piano Sonata in E-flat Major, mvt. 3 by Joseph Haydn, played by Mario Ajero.