I have been on such a purple kick lately! I have been creating for a fresh new baby, for my own (not so) little birthday girl, and starting on some new projects. I am so pleased to be managing more frequent episodes at the moment.
Episode recorded on February 19, 2015.
Almond Green Tea by Kusmi.
2. A HANDMADE WARDROBE
I am wearing my new purple Moneta Dress by Colette Patterns.
3.a. Tea Swap
Names have been exchanged and packages need to be sent out by March 15.
All the details are posted in the ravelry group, and we have started a chat thread. We have also set up a small Pinterest board as inspiration for handcrafted gifties.
3.b Gentle Along
Craft something that makes your life more gentle. Cosy socks, a shawl, a blanket, a tea cosy… Does not need to be cast on specifically for this, and multiple-dipping is of course fine. Can be any craft.
Let’s share ways in which we are mindfully gentle to ourselves.
A chat thread will be posted on the Ravelry forum.
4. A BIT OF SEWING
I sewed another Moneta dress (pattern by Colette), out of Ponte di Roma.
I made this while listening to the Woolful podcast, of which I cannot speak too highly.
– Lenny by Heidi Atwood-Reeves for my daughter, out of Countess Ablaze BFL Aran in Radioactive Raspberry Jam.
– Curly Snake from Susan B Anderson’s Itty Bitty Toys. Knit out Crystal Palace Yarns Mini Mochi in colour #106.
– baby socks with the yarn left over from my DK socks in Adriafil Knitcol (Boccioni colourway).
5.b In Progress
– Socks for Seb out of Online Supersocke 4-fach, in the shade 1530.
– Hitofude Cardigan out of Surnaturelle yarn from La Droguerie, in the Ardoise (Slate) colourway.
5.c Future Projects
6. A BIT OF SPINNING
7. SOMETHING NATURAL, SOMETHING SEASONAL
I mention my lemon/orange glass squeezer, and why I have a hot drink with freshly squeezed lemon first thing every morning.
Credits: Music: Piano Sonata in E-flat Major, mvt. 3 by Joseph Haydn, played by Mario Ajero.