Episode recorded on May 13, 2015.
‘Shanghai Diva’ by Honoris Causa, in a cute mug and mug cosy, all gifts from my friend Sylvie.
2. A HANDMADE WARDROBE
I am wearing my red floral Anna Dress by By Hand London.
I mention Me Made May and episode 80 of the A Playful Day podcast.
Craft something that makes your life more gentle. Cosy socks, a shawl, a blanket, a tea cosy… Does not need to be cast on specifically for this, and multiple-dipping is of course fine. Can be any craft.
Let’s share ways in which we are mindfully gentle to ourselves.
People have been sharing inspirational thoughts and projects in the Ravelry group.
You can use the #gentlealong tag on Instagram.
– One skein of Lambswool and mohair Aran from Gregoria Fibers.
– One braid of BFL and Trilobal from Fondant Fibre in the Happenstance colourway.
– The Tea Collection by Clare Devine: one ebook for one winner, and one pattern for two winners.
– A project bag sewn by me.
Le Lot et la Laine
I will be attending Le Lot et La Laine wool and fiber festival on July 11-12 in the Ecomusée de Cuzals.
4. A BIT OF KNITTING
– I finished and published a shawl pattern – the Verdure Shawlette, which I knit out of Voolenvine Lush yarn, in her Succulent colourway.
– I started the Lattice Shawl by Maria Montzka, out of HandMaiden Fine Yarns Casbah sock in the Waterfall colourway.
6. A BIT OF SPINNING
I have been spinning Fuzzlings and Rolags from Fondant Fibre.
CORRECTION: I mention there are 175 yards in Voolenvine Luft Lace yarn – I meant 875! 🙂
The laceweight cardigan whose name I blanked out on is Starling by Cecily Glowik McDonald.
Credits: Music: Piano Sonata in E-flat Major, mvt. 3 by Joseph Haydn, played by Mario Ajero.